Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center
Programs & Services/Membership
NCAC offers a suite of services, workshops, and resources that have been strategically designed to increase the effectiveness of and develop capacity for nonprofits, foundations and community organizations. These services have been developed and refined through a strategic planning process and annual survey of nonprofit stakeholders. For our printable brochure, click here.
- NCAC houses an extensive reference library filled with information on local & national foundations and best practice guides including:
- NCAC is a Funding Information Network Partner of the Foundation Center, and houses the a core collection of print resources from the Foundation Center.As a Cooperative Collection, NCAC clients have access to the Foundation Directory Online Premium Edition and Foundation Grants to Individuals – the most powerful foundation search tools available with information on 120,000 foundations. Furthermore, NCAC houses over 40 foundation reference guides and indexes.
- NCAC subscribes to Guidestar – the premier nonprofit information center that allows nonprofits to share their story and donors to make more informed decisions. Guidestar’s mission is t o revolutionize philanthropy by providing information that advances transparency, enables users to make better decisions, and encourages charitable giving .
- The Pennsylvania Association of Nonprofit Organizations (PANO) Standards of Excellence Code Book and PA Nonprofit Handbook
- “How to” resources guides and tip sheets on grant seeking, fundraising, grant writing, management best practices, nonprofit start-up, planned giving, strategic planning, etc.
- NCAC offers individualized assistance to nonprofit and community organizations to assist with grant seeking, fundraising, and grant writing.
- We provide training on The Foundation Directory Online and Guidestar
- We provide critiques on grant proposals and Letters of Inquiry
- We provide support and guidance on the development of fundraising plans
- We provide customized funding searches
- NCAC facilitates workshops to build nonprofit capacity in areas such as grant seeking, grant writing, strategic planning, demographics and statistics, board governance capital campaigns and fundraising.
- PANO Standards of Excellence seminars
- NCAC partners with the AFP NEPA Chapter on fundraising and planned giving seminars
- Bi-weekly NCAC Fundamentals e-newsletter which includes regionally relevant funding and grant opportunities, resources available at NCAC, other articles related to nonprofit best practices and information on special events and programs.
Aside from being connected to our vast nonprofit network and the resources described above, you’ll receive the following membership benefits:
- A recently updated list of the over 150 Foundations serving Northeastern PA; including 11 new opportunities
- Guided access to Candid (The consolidation of the Foundation Center Online and Guidestar), the most comprehensive grant-seeking resources available
- One free customized funding search
- Discounts on related workshops and seminars
- Resource connection and guidance on nonprofit administration, fundraising, ethics, etc.
- NCAC Fundamentals, our e-newsletter, providing regional updates on nonprofit events, funding updates, employment opportunities and much more.
Membership Costs: $50/year or $95 for two years.
You can complete the membership online, including payment by clicking here, or fill out the Membership Form and enclose it along with a check, mailed to:
1151 Oak Street
Pittston, PA 18640
NCAC’s hours of operations are from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, with after hours or weekend access by appointment only. Appointments are preferred.