NEPA Alliance continues to provide quality services to our businesses, communities and governments in Carbon, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Monroe, Pike, Schuylkill and Wayne counties.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NEPA staff worked efficiently and diligently remotely from home, assisting numerous clients, members and businesses that were affected. The NEPA staff has accomplished all of the goals set by our funding partners, and we continue to serve our region with quality business, community, economic development and government services.
Our Annual Report chronicle the success of our programs for the Fiscal Year ending June 30, 2020.
- NEPA assisted with $1,804,192 million in ARC grants.
- NEPA Business Development Programs assisted our clients in creating/retaining 1,161 jobs in our region.
- NEPA’s Business Finance Center closed 88 loans for $9,533,104 leveraging another $14,286,083 creating/retaining 182 jobs for business expansion in the region.
- NEPA’s International Business Development Program completed the year at 108% of the goal established by the Commonwealth Office of International Business Development (OIBD) and reported sales of $42,950,917 and created/retained 388 jobs.
- NEPA’s government contracting program (PTAC) supported 591 jobs from $295,442,849 in government contracts awarded in our region.
- The NEPA Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) serving Carbon, Monroe, Pike and Schuylkill counties with transportation planning completed the TIP Transportation Improvement Program) for 2021-2024 in the amount of $610 million.
- NEPA manages the NEPA PREP Partnership (Partnerships for Regional Economic Performance), which is a collaboration of twelve (12) economic development agencies within our region. NEPA leveraged $483,755 in state funding to support the initiative.
- The Nonprofit & Community Assistance Center (NCAC) provided training or assistance to 1,058 nonprofit professionals within our region.
- NEPA’s Defense Transition Partnership initiative produced 6 Market Diversification Plans and provided $63,317 in vouchers for plan implementation.
- NEPA leveraged a $341,140 state grant to continue Engage!, a business retention and expansion program. NEPA and partners interviewed over 220 companies.
We thank all of our volunteer Board and Committee Members for their service and dedication to making Northeastern Pennsylvania a great place to live, work and play. We also thank our legislative delegation at the federal, state and county levels for their continued support!