The Lackawanna County Department of Planning & Economic Development is in a partnership with Northeastern Pennsylvania Alliance (NEPA) to launch the Get Connected program to assist businesses within the County with the development of e-commerce platforms. Twenty-five eligible firms will receive e-commerce technical assistance. In its role as the administrator of the Get Connected program, the NEPA team will vet businesses for eligibility and connect the business with one of three local consultants to develop e-commerce platforms to support online sales. The program is designed to assist businesses adapt to current market trends and generate sales and clients during the pandemic. Furthermore, the program will assist in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 by lowering the amount of face-to-face contact and encouraging social distancing while allowing business owners to operate during the pandemic. We are seeking firms in Lackawanna County that meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Eligibility requirements include:
- Based in Lackawanna County
- Small Businesses with less than 100 employees
- Have the appropriate licenses to operate their business
- Current on Federal, State and Local taxes – NEPA will vet clients using state website
- That have been in existence since 2018
- Are committed to turning around information (photos, logos, pricing, products specs, menus, sales information, etc.) within 10 business days
- Are committed to provide requested additional information within 3 business days
- Preference will be given to businesses who maintained some level of operations during the pandemic
- Preference will be given to locally owned and operated businesses
- Preference will be given to businesses that are affiliated with a national chain
- Preference will be given to will to businesses that will receive an immediate impact from the support such as client retention, new clients, and an increase in sales
Interested businesses please visit http://nepa-alliance.org/getconnected/ to apply. For additional information contact Kurt Bauman (email@example.com) or Steve Zaricki (firstname.lastname@example.org).
This program is funded with grant support from the Lackawanna County COVID-19 County Relief Block Grant via the CARES Act investment through the U.S. Department of Treasury and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development.
Get Connected Technical Specifications
Digital Positioning Services – Growing Business Online
Throughout the pandemic there has been a continued demonstrated need for companies in Lackawanna County to have access to assistance with pivoting their businesses to a more digital focus. We are pleased to present the following program administered by NEPA Alliance and supported by Lackawanna County CARES Act.
Interested businesses please visit http://nepa-alliance.org/getconnected/ to review the eligibility requirements and apply.
Kickoff & Discovery Phase
- Business Process Planning & Review
- Identify existing marketing activities and digital assets (web, social, ecommerce)
- Identify staff training needs
- (if needed) Review existing order fulfillment to support current systems
Option 1 – Website Package
For businesses that are not currently leveraging a web presence our team will work to design, develop, and deploy up to 5 pages of a web foundation. This package is a best fit for businesses looking to create their web/online presence for the first time or enhance their existing website.
- Design and development for a 3 – 5 page website.
- Hosting & URL configuration
- Depending on toolset utilized possible documentation for content management system (CMS).
- Optional – social media integration, email signups, contact form. Based on client needs and existing digital strategy.
- Creation of info@ email address
- Includes – SSL certificate; URL if needed (year two third party fees $120 + hosting)
Option 2 – Social Package
Geared towards businesses that are under utilizing the various social media channels available to them. With a possible focus on Facebook, Instagram, and/or LinkedIn. This package is a best fit for businesses looking to amplify their offerings across social media.
- Configure identified social profiles
- 90 Day editorial calendar
- Information on paid promotion best practices and growing social audience.
- Training on social media usage – basic how to guidance and documentation
- Provide best practices outline for content types and publishing techniques
Option 3 – eCommerce Package
With a focus on transacting online this option will allow businesses who may already be some digital marketing to take their business to the next level by selling directly to consumer via an eCommerce toolset.
- Register and configure all web requirements.
- Cart Design, Configuration, and Deployment
- Shopping website designed and configured
- Population of 20 Products/Skus
- Cart Fees – $40.00 month with no contract
- Credit Card Processing – The eCommerce platform will provide credit card processing at 2.9% + 30¢ per order.
- Testing/Handoff & Training
- Monthly Check In/ Coaching for 90 Days